Setting up at a park or pavilion creates additional challenges for the party planner. This page is designed to help you in your planning process. This page is provided as a guideline only and you should contact the municipality directly to find out what their requirements are for having inflatable units at their facilities.
Q. Can I set-up at a City or County park?
A. Every city and county has its own rules and regulations about having inflatable's set-up in the park.
Many require at least 14 days advance notice of the event.
Many require insurance in the amount of $3 million
Many require that an employee of the inflatable company stay with each rented unit for the duration of the event.
Q. What if I want to have my event at a local church, ward building or stake center?
A. We have set-up inside many church buildings and outside at the pavilion area. It is your responsibility to secure permission from the church before you submit your reservation.
Q. What if the pavilion/park doesn't have any power?
A. Most outdoor facilities do not have adequate electrical to power the blowers that are required to inflate the units. You must have a generator if you are set-up outdoors. Please see our GENERATOR F.A.Q. page for generator requirements.
Q. If the park requires an employee attendant to be present during the entire event, how much does this cost?
A. We can provide a safety trained and certified attendant for any event for $25.00 per hour/3 hour minimum. All of our attendant/operators are safety trained and certified by SIOTO (Safe Inflatable's Operators Training Organization).
Here is a list of what some parks departments require. It is your responsibility to find out what the requirements are at the park or pavilion. We will provide any necessary documentation that the city/county/church requires however you must provide us with at least 3 business days PRIOR to the reservation deadline.
SALT LAKE CITY PARKS DIVISION
INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR INFLATABLE DEVICES
The use of any INFLATABLE DEVICE must have prior approval from the Salt Lake City Parks Division. The applicant requesting the inflatable must obtain/possess a commercial general liability certificate to protect Salt Lake City Parks Division against loss from liability for damages on account of bodily injury or property damage arising from the event.
Evidence of the required insurance must be provided to Salt Lake City Parks no less than (14) days prior to the reservation. The event will be cancelled if such evidence is not received within the indicated timeline. It is your responsibility to see that the insurance company /agent receives the proper insurance instructions and forwards the proper evidence of insurance to Salt Lake City Parks Division by the required date.
1. MINIMUM COVERAGE OF $2,000,000.00 PER RESERVATION.
2. THE POLICY OR ENDORSEMENT MUST NAME:
SALT LAKE CITY PARKS DIVISION AS CO INDEMNIFIED.
3. THE RESERVATION DATE AND PARK FACILITY MUST BE CLEARLY STATED ON CERTIFICATE.
4. FAX OR MAIL A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE TO:
SALT LAKE CITY PARKS DIVISION
1965 WEST 500 SOUTH
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH 84104
INFLATABLE SET-UP AND SUPERVISION
1. All inflatable devices must be approved by the SLC Parks Division with an on site inspection to determine where device will be set up.
2. No vehicles on grass. No extra power is supplied for inflatable devices.
3. Orange cones must cover all stakes above ground.
4. Orange flags must mark all rope ties. Nothing can be attached to trees.
5. Amusement company/provider must have a company attendant on site per each device until inflatable is removed from park facility.
6. Inflatable devices are to be used by reserving party only.
NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
7. No water slides, no dunking booths, no animal rides, no rock climbing walls.
SALT LAKE COUNTY PARKS
Customer must make reservations by calling the Salt Lake County parks department at 801-483-5473. Let the parks department know you are renting an inflatable.
You will be required to place a $250 damage deposit.
No dunk tanks or water slides.
UTAH COUNTY PARKS
No dunk tanks, inflatable, bouncy, or large blow up toys are allowed in Utah County Parks.
CITY OF PROVO
Level 1 Events: generally smaller events with less than 150 participants not open to the general public, for which an admission fee is not charged and with no commitment of City resources. These events might include a neighborhood block party, a small-group protest or rally and/or use of a city street or facility for small-scale filming.
1. Minimum coverage $1million per occurance/$2 Million Aggregate
2. The policy or endorsement must name the City of Provo as an additional insured.
3. The reservation date and location must be clearly stated on the certificate.
4. Evidence of the required insurance must be provided to City of Provo Parks no less than (15) days prior to the reservation. The event will be cancelled if such evidence is not received within the indicated timeline.
Application fee for a Level 1 Event: $5.00
Applications must be submitted in advance for event permits. An application may not be submitted more than 18 months in advance of an event's proposed date.
Minimum application periods in advance of the event include:
%u2022 15 days in advance for Level 1 events
For more information on special event permitting, contact the Provo Parks and Recreation Department at 801-852-6600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.